View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 12:39 PM   #25
WiggyB

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldi Z View Post
Plans are a modest 550-560 RWHP @ 93 Pump gas. Not adding Meth nor Ethanol to the mix - so I guess advancing Ign. timing too much is not an option, so more "safe" WHP than that will probably not be happening anyway.
The setups that I am considering:

1.) Centri: Procharger's "CARB Compliant" kit (the one that retains the stock upper part of the airbox), P1X (instead of the 1SC) + Stg.2 FMIC. Boost level with these kits is set at ~ 7 PSI as far as I am aware?
Or
2.) PD: Stock GM material - TVS2300 / ZL1/Z06/CTS-V style + ADM /Weapon-X, Etc. "installation kit" (mostly stock GM ZL1 parts + adapter plates / various other fasteners, relocation harnesses, etc.)

Main concern with PC's Centri option is, that it shares the 6-PK accessories drive belt (I.E. with the alternator, AC, Etc.) - I am not sure about the reliability and sturdiness of such a system But maybe, with only 7 # of boost it will hold up OK?
I have the p1sc1 installed with the factory box setup and stage 2 intercooler and I'm making 565 rwhp on the LT1 fueling with 6.5 lbs of boost. If you go with the P1x setup stage 2 and your upgrading to the LT4 fueling you'll make 600 easy at the full 7lbs boost. After that you will be looking at getting internal to the engine with pistons and cam work that can get you into 700 range .

I chose not to go LT4 but now that I have that in site I may do it at a later time. I'm in no rush that 565 hits different and its a ball to drive as is but from the start 600 was my goal. Only time will tell.
WiggyB is offline   Reply With Quote