View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 12:32 PM   #24
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCarSeller View Post
I see a lot of discussion about the tos link and digital sounds processors. What’s the big advantage? I’m an old school car audio guy with some equipment laying around I was going to put in. I have some Polk MoMo 6.5’s and 6x9’s with a digital 5 channel alpine amp. I also have a kicker 12L7 with a PPI 1k way rms amp but I don’t need that much bass anymore. There’s 300 watts rms on my 5 channel amp so I was thinking of getting a smaller sub for that. Did you keep the rest of the old bose stuff in and functioning or disconnect it?
I removed all Bose drivers. I use Hybrid Audio Technology drivers (Legatia SE line) Most IASCA SQ competition winners are using Hybrid Audio drivers. Best bang for buck drivers on the market today. Comparable to dynaudio, scan speak, old German made MB Quart but at a better price point. Developed by an electric engineer (Scott Buwalda), his vehicle using his products holds the record for the highest combined scored in any organized sound quality competition in history, world wide. If you want the very best in SQ, I would highly recommend giving these drivers a try.

Ok, that aside, the new vehicles are making it harder to setup nice SQ audio systems. The current generation Camaro requires an interface to do this, and currently there are only two available. I am using the toslink digital output on the NavTV unit, going straight to the Hertz H8 DSP, then sending signal to 3 class D amps (Hybrid Audio also).

Using digital outputs, I have found, gives highest quality sound output without the interference and white noise that can be present using Analaog connections.
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote