View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 07:38 AM   #40
Choda

Drives: Turbo 6.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
Could you possibly ask him for me? Mine is not wanting to shift out of 4th, if you watch the video I just posted above you can see what I'm talking about. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Your video has me thinking.

1. When roll racing, I never leave the car in Drive and floor it. I have always, in every modded vehicle, manually put it in a gear - floored it - then put it into Drive. Having the trans jump down a gear or multiple gears with a lot of additional power seems to be looking for disaster. Stock cars, or lightly modded, sure leave it in Drive. We are making more than double the power.

2. Looking back at emails, looks like he cut some power on the shift and ramped it back in very quickly (about 300 milliseconds) so the transmission shifts without slipping.

3. Im surprised to hear your tuner say he likes to tune the manual mode shifting on cars but didn't in yours because you didn't ask him to. I would ask him to do everything he would if the car was his own. We are not tuners and don't know what to change or ask for. That's why we pay them.