View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 04:35 PM   #101
trohde78

Drives: '17 Red Hot 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS6th View Post
No, that’s when I was cruising, however I was doing 0-60’s from 1st, but never hit the 4’s this whole thread was made from my ignorance regarding the gears and power band stuff, basically issues with power from cruising/roll ons, I also stated the crappy 0-60’s I was getting because I thought it tied in with the acceleration power similar to roll ons. Yes this is a legit thread and I’ve always played with manual mode. The reason why I didn’t like automatic mode was because of the power response, obviously not being similar to manual response.
For me as a driver, I want the car to respond as I hit the pedal, similar to ZL1’s or cars with superchargers. I don’t like the car taking time to respond and pull as I hit the pedal.
I like/want instant power, or near instant.
Idk how well these A8’s transmissions are compared to the 19’s A10 SS as well as the ZL1’s A10’s, and what’s PDK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OK, but what you just described would be what would happen if you left the car in "automatic" mode. Just let the car downshift for you when you floor it. The car is much better at doing this than any person in manual mode. The only real useful function for manual mode over automatic is to hold a gear. Most everything else the car will do better on its own. If you want manual mode, then you need a manual transmission. :-)

The only perceivable difference between flooring an SS and a ZL1 is the amount of power. Your 0-60 times in the 6 second range are most likely because you are getting a bad launch (tires spinning).
trohde78 is offline   Reply With Quote