View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 09:55 AM   #52
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choda View Post
What converter do you have? Must be an awesome feeling holding 4K and 8psi on the line. Man you are really throwing a wrench in my original plans here with this 5.3.
It is a circle d. They probably have the exact specs on file if you wanted to copy it. It would be under Jim Neuenfeldt.

I am not going to lie. I am thrilled with how this is working and pumped to see what else it can do with a few parts. Since last year I have gone up in turbo size and exhaust housing and dropped displacement and it still spools quickly. It also isn’t overly loose where it just pushes through to 6000rpm and sits there. I have 1800hp worth of turbo on this thing and it still spools quickly. I even have full exhaust.

I hope the big cam doesn’t some how slow stuff down and make it difficult to build boost off the line. I dream or a .1 drop in the 60’ and then ramping in another 10-15psi or boost. Woohoo.

I do have a 2 step with the ability to pull timing and add fuel. Currently I don’t add fuel but I am pulling timing back to -2 deg.