View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 10:10 AM   #89
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
On the 6gen we really recommend the long systems from header companines. Pretty sure ARH and Stainless Works are the only two that make "long system" that will replace everything up to the muffler. This replaces the "crush pipe" in front of the muffler which is a point of restriction on these cars. Especially when running big power. Also, they are the easiest to connect to aftermarket axlebacks down the road if you decide to change out the muffler. Every aftermarket catback we have ran has needed to be welded when added long tubes or vice versa. The connection points just don't match up with the catbacks.
Just a quick note, I believe someone posted where they tested the idea that the crush pipe was a “major point of restriction” , removed it, performed testing and found zero differences in power. I understand flow dynamics and same distance smaller diameter means increased air flow through that area to compensate, but this restriction doesn’t seem to be robbing the system of power. Can someone else confirm this or am I remembering the thread incorrectly?
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote