View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 01:45 PM   #52
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Most don't come close to using the capability of the SS as is. The only thing it really needs is better tires. The brakes and suspension capability is far above what I believe most would consider normal driving enthusiasm. My SS is a 135+ mph car in the 1/4. Still stock suspension and brakes minus carbon ceramic pads. I have entered corners hot (80-90mph) after making a wot pull and had no trouble making the turn. That is with a 555r2 drag radial on the rear. Nothing about this car makes me tense or uneasy. It still handles the extra 250+ HP I have added in spades. Imo the 6th gen SS is built well above the power it makes in stock form. The 1LE is a better looking car and it has the best looking wheels of the 6th gen platform. That is why it many buy it...a small fraction of 1lE owners actually use them for their intended purpose.
100% agreed...

My 1SS handling was more than I realistically could use on the street, and I push pretty hard, when the opportunity arises / no one else at risk.

The ZL1 handling is borderline ridiculous for the street, even in convertible form. But it is fun for those very, very rare occasions I can “play”.

With that said, I believe the 1SS1LE better balanced than both of the aforementioned. Nice looking cars (my favorite), but the overwhelming capability and complexity just seems like a bit of a waste for just street use.

If I were to do it over again, it would be a 1SS with upgraded wheels and tires.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote