View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 11:42 AM   #39
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
So I have a convertible 1SS and added 295-30-19 tires square on 10.5" Apex wheels. That one change made a significant difference in the grip and feel of the car. I now have the GMPP lowering kit on order and will add that to get closer to a 1LE suspension. Granted the TC isn't optimized for the grip, the old school LSD isn't as good, and maybe the biggest improvement in the car hasn't been mentioned - the 1LE Recaro seats! I even thought about adding those to my vert, but looks like it would eat $5K which is just too much $ for seats - IMHO.

So to answer the question - I think the 1LE package is a no-brainer bargain for the $7500 and I would only get a 1LE if I was buying a coupe. Now - if you already have a SS is upgrading to a 1LE worth it? That's where it gets iffy. For me it would be a $15K upgrade over my convertible. And I rather like the convertible too. I no longer go to the track regularly, but I did for years and years and raced with NASA for awhile in the CMC series. So I would be able to appreciate the 1LE and would occasionally take it to the track if I got one.

I do think it's the best looking 6th gen out there - other than the ZL1 I guess. But I really don't need 650hp. 455 is plenty and matches the chassis very well. I have two other 500hp+ cars anyway.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote