View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 04:54 AM   #37
PRAY

Drives: 2016 2SS
Not that I vend Roto-fab or will, I had actually never heard of them before I bought this car, but they seem to have the best product out there so far. I have made all of my own CAI's over the last 10 years or so and have done the same for friends. I had the same plan for this car when I got it. But after looking at the stock system and researching the site it appeared I would cause more harm then good doing one of my own. So I waited like everyone else until a credible product came out with some testing behind it.

I don't think you are going to see much independent testing because I think we can all agree that this is probably a 10rwhp gain average part. In addition to that it has been proven that a tune is not really needed by respected company's and forum members that were critical of any CAI to begin with. Dyno time is also expensive and most are unwilling to void their warrantee with a tune so the likelihood of someone spending the money on just seeing if they got 10rw probably won't happen much. Most of the time people will add a few mods before they head to the dyno to make the time and money spent worth it.

I would also put more credence into vendor testing than individual testing since they usually do it more and have more to lose. If a vendor says a product works and it proves to not then they not only run the risk of losing the business of that one product but their credibility and the credibility of all the products they sell. It is a lose-lose situation for them.

With all that being said, I will be testing mine since I am in a unique situation and have good access to dyno's and my own agenda as to why I test every part if at all possible. I will post up when I get my numbers.