View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 07:16 PM   #32
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy48 View Post
Thank you very very much for the wonderful pictures and stories! I really enjoyed that very much from someone that was there. It's always nice to hear from someone that was there because you learn so much more. I can tell you as an owner of one of these 54 cars, the decals are bubbling up at least they have on my car. And Chevrolet has not produced any more of them yet. (YIKES)
Funny, on the factory window sticker right under the "SPECIAL INDY 500 FESTIVAL PKG." they list "INDY 500 DECALS" even though they weren't even on the car yet!

GM/Chevrolet does not make the graphics. A company called GRAPHIK CONCEPTS in Michigan produces them and sends a team down to install them (unless the factory makes pace car replicas like in 2010 and 2011, the factory installed the Indy 500 graphics). They do have extras and will sell them to people who own parade/festival/pace cars, until they're gone. You have to provide the VIN and proof of ownership (They have the VINs of every car they've done).

DUHHHH you have #48, it was #45 here Sunday, brain farted your number instead.

BTW, if you're wondering what that "PASS" sticker is in the lower driver's corner of the windshield, it's a pass to a local car wash company for unlimited washes during the month or two the cars are here. They want everyone to keep them clean and looking good while they're "showcased" around town.

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 10-04-2016 at 07:30 PM.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote