View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 01:21 AM   #38
Indy48
16 2SS INDY Festival 48

Drives: 16 Camaro Indy Festival Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
Funny, on the factory window sticker right under the "SPECIAL INDY 500 FESTIVAL PKG." they list "INDY 500 DECALS" even though they weren't even on the car yet!

GM/Chevrolet does not make the graphics. A company called GRAPHIK CONCEPTS in Michigan produces them and sends a team down to install them (unless the factory makes pace car replicas like in 2010 and 2011, the factory installed the Indy 500 graphics). They do have extras and will sell them to people who own parade/festival/pace cars, until they're gone. You have to provide the VIN and proof of ownership (They have the VINs of every car they've done).

DUHHHH you have #48, it was #45 here Sunday, brain farted your number instead.

BTW, if you're wondering what that "PASS" sticker is in the lower driver's corner of the windshield, it's a pass to a local car wash company for unlimited washes during the month or two the cars are here. They want everyone to keep them clean and looking good while they're "showcased" around town.
I was wondering there for a second if my eyes were worse than they are… LOL! So I started going is farther down the line as I could to see what number they were. GM has always shopped out their decals. At least as far back as the 1970s. 3M made the vast majority the of General Motors decals for decades. Thank you so much and I mean SO MUCH for the information on where I can find the door decal! I desperately need it replaced.

Thanks, I was told something different about the "Gate Pass" sticker on the window. I'm grateful my car still has that sticker as well as the parking lot sticker as well. It's amazing to see so many dealers have peeled them off. One of the coolest parts when purchasing this car was going back through the navigation system and finding out what entries were in it from its time in Indianapolis. The first entry was a house that was listed with eight bedrooms and six bathrooms! Truly a modern mansion!

I think what I really like about my car the most is that I know it was there. Not only was it there but it was on the track and not only on the track but in the parade. That's a lot more than most "pace cars" in history have. It's also nice to have the build sheet say it's a pace car. It's the closest thing in 2016 to getting a retail "IndyCar" an average person can buy.

They are built in such small numbers… Sure to be a very highly prized collectible soon, especially with the new generation change and the incredible upgrades the car has now. I'll tell you something else is different about this car… The build sheet call the color "blew me away met" however the window sticker an invoice show "hyper blue." Possibly a pre-production issue. I find it odd though, because the Kubes are being produced all the way back in October 2015. I can tell you I've poured my car side-by-side to a "hyper blue" car and it does look more metallic and a slightly brighter color. I've painted and repaired many cars, so I have a pretty keen eye for color. But I'll just chalk that up to it being preproduction and possibly something internally going on within GM at the time.

It's by far the best Camaro ever built. The only car Ive had that's remotely close to how fast this car is was my 69 Z/28 on 110 octane. But this car would kill that old Z in the corners, braking and comfort (hey with mechanical lifters they did'nt even come with A/C on them because GM found the A/C belt was flying off the pulley at high revs the 302 naturally could do. But by the grace of God this car will always be in my possession until I will it to someone else in my family who will keep it as well.

I will have to call my local Chevrolet dealership after I get a hold of the company that makes the graphic for the door. I would like to get an extra set of them as well. As for the flying tire logo, that's a Chevy part because it was put on the 14' Camaro Pace Cars as well as the 15' Vette PC. That door logo however is a completely separate part.

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly do you do? I've been in the automobile appraisal business for 22 years and have restored F bodies since 1979.

I threw away our conversation. Thank you so much for sharing what you have with me. Here are a couple of photos that will be in the YouTube video I'm making on getting this miracle of a car, and driving it all the way home… The first one is a sticker you'll remember well, the second one is finally reaching California on my way home from Indiana.

Larry
Attached Images

Indy48 is offline   Reply With Quote