View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 08:53 AM   #21
95TA - The Beast

Drives: 2014 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher103 View Post
I thought the same thing, there has to be a tune on the car. I asked the PO of the car and Brian found nothing altered from stock. I informed him of the numbers and asked him to take a close look at the files on the car. Nothing. I asked the typical tuners of this car if they had a record of the vin in their systems. I could not find it with the big-name tuners. But those were the numbers it made.
Yeah, you can "stealth" or "ghost" a tune. It is a change to the filesystem where you change a pointer to the file the OS loads vs what is available in the directory. So you would never "see" a tune loaded like that. When you download all the files it literally won't even see the tune and you get all the stock stuff that is loaded only.

Only way to know for sure is to flash a total stock tune from GM to the car with a complete overwrite, which will change the counters and will fully flash the computer. If it wasn't tuned, no blood, no foul. If it was tuned you will at least KNOW what you are running and know it is safe.

Far too many jokers messed with these setups and have blown them up because they try tuning them like previous generation setups. They are FAR from that.
95TA - The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote