View Single Post
Old 04-12-2022, 08:45 AM   #68
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ss1le View Post
I really enjoyed reading your camaro journey. I want a new Camaro and the information you have shared really helps me. I dont track but I want the LT1 motor and it looks like I may just order an LT1 spec'd to my liking. I own 1998 SS 1LE a 1 of 3 car and an 02 Corvette Z06 but the 6th gen Camaro drivetrain and chassis has me wanting a new one. I really like manuals and this year may be my last opportunity for a new one and I turn 60 this year so maybe time for an upgrade. As far a a rear spoiler goes your car looks good without one but I think I am gonna spec the new lip spoiler from the factory just can't decide on black or the color of the car which will be Riverside Blue. Once again thanks for all of your scoop.
Thanks! The Gen6 (or CA6) Camaro is the last and best of the sports muscle breed. A BMW 3 Series (back when they were awesome) with a small block Chevy! The TR6060 M6, Bose, and Recaros are highly recommended. The LT1 to me is the lightest and the pinnacle of a somewhat affordable sports/muscle car. And it has the SS suspension.

But I recommend better tires than stock. With TC off be prepared to go sideways on the 1-2 NLS shift if you get the M6. Exciting but stupid!