Thread: LT1 vs. 1SS 1LE
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2022, 09:35 PM   #19
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden45 View Post
Definitely not going to make it more than it is. LT1 will stay an LT1. I don't go to the track.

1SS is kind of overkill for my purposes, 1LE even more so. It's a weekend car, but from all the reviews I've watched, yes it rides very nicely and fine for daily duties.

LT1 doesn't look bad at all. Front fascia is questionable, but not "only a mother could love" level, so definitely doable for me. Since I don't track the car, I'm forced to narrow down the reasons for going 1LE will be the aesthetics of the car.

I'm now asking myself, is the looks alone worth $7k to me.

I'm taking out a $40k loan, so the bank account taking a $5.5k hit feels a lot better than a $13k hit. The LT1 will be just a $4k hit if I end up just sticking with the tires that come with it.
You won’t be sticking with the stock 245s and the most you can run on those stock rims is about a 275, most places will only try a 265. You will need aftermarket wheels and tires to safely use your LT1.. even at stoplight nationals lol

Mods after Warranty “Imma keep it stock”
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote