View Single Post
Old 09-10-2023, 04:47 PM   #60
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftking123 View Post
I know this thread is a little old, but can 10.5 qts hurt the engine. I just changed mine and put almost .5 a qt in the oil filter. Damn thing kept drinking it up when I filled it to the top. So I put 9.5 qts in the filler. I started it and drove it off my ramps and back into my garage on a level surface. I checked the dipstick and it was low on the x's. So I added the last bit of the 10 qts. I then drove it around a bit. I came home and checked the dip stick and a puff of smoke came out of the dipstick hole. But the stick reads the oil at the top of the x's. But I'm worried that once it cools down, I'll be over the x's. Any suggestions?
It sounds like you only put 10.0 qts in, not 10.5... I think you are fine...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote