View Single Post
Old 08-14-2022, 08:13 AM   #13
cjperformance

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
Ok, so i consulted a professional tuner, someone well known and respected. Got a tune from him that should have all the trans configuration correct.

Even with that tune, I'm still having issues with getting full lock on the TCC at WOT. We were able to get it to partially lock at WOT with the "standard configuration" but it still slips around 200 rpm over the course of a pull. Peak TCC line pressure is 113, and i can clearly see the difference in slip between the unlocked-at-WOT tune and the locked-at-WOT tune as far as the pressure ramp. Ramps down quickly... It clearly is starting to lock, but then never does. Ill post a couple screenshots when i get to my computer.

Emailed circle d and they said likely not a physical prob with the converter since it locks fine at cruise and part throttle. Some other converters apparently had some machining issues, but that prevented lock under any conditions. So mine should not be one of the affected.

Also found some info on hptuners about certain OS versions being problematic and whatnot. Mine was not amongst the ones listed.

Only other thing i can think of is i replaced some (about 6 qts) of the trans fluid during the swap with some expensive fluid that circle d recommended. That could have changed some of the characteristics of the friction. Maybe try more line pressure? Faster ramp?

I know my tuner is looking in to the issue, but its been a few days. Thought id reach out here again in case there are ideas. Whats a safe value to use for tcc line pressure. I feel like the ramp is correct. Most of the tunes i look at are 113 to 114 psi. Ive seen as high as 117psi.

I think 200 rpm slip is too much. Grampa_ss has a very similar set up to mine and his appears fully locked at 113 psi.
CircleD 3K Stall | QA1 CF Driveshaft
Forgestar F14 Drag 17x10 NT555R2 305/45/17 Rear
Forgestar F14 18x8 NT555G2 235/50/18 Front
10.84@131 w/4.13" pulley
??.??@??? w/3.7" pulley (installed & tuning)
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote