Thread: Summit Sucks!
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 07:07 PM   #20
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
I've had decent luck with Summit and Jegs. I've been ordering from Summit since the early 1990s when you had to order by phone out of a catalog. There are a ton of places that are posting warnings about shipping delays and parts availability due to COVID so maybe that has something to do with it? Sucks to hear this though, as Summit is one of those sites that you expect to do it right every time. It's not like they are new to the game.

I did have a new door wiring harness cancelled on me by GM Parts Direct back in May after waiting 2 weeks for it, which sucked. They claimed it has been discontinued by GM but every one of those GM Parts sites still has it listed for sale.
I had good luck with Summit back in the late 80's when they had a store in my town. It was nice to go in and drool over the blocks and blowers on the showroom floor and see all the chrome on the walls. This is just my bad luck I suppose. I think the Covid thing may be a good excuse, but that's not why they said it wasnt shipping. There was no explanation. Just email them to keep on order for another 4 weeks or they will cancel.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote