View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 11:35 AM   #3
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fujifilm View Post
Why?

I am looking to buy a new ZL-1 or SS but it must have 25% off.

Why?
Because Chev already set the market by doing it on leftover 2016 and 2017 models the year after they were new (usually the November the year after). FYI, I bought a new 2016 kept it a year and repeated once more.

Another good reason to offer 25% off, who would buy a $45-$58k Camaro with the 2020 Corvette coming out soon?

Dealers are pissed too, I live in WI and there are plenty of 2019's buried under a foot of snow on lots, DEALERS WANT THESE GONE' CHEV HELP!

Anyway, we will see what happens tomorrow.

One piece of advice to Chev; GET RID OF THAT STUPID $2,000 REBATE FOR MUSTANG OWNERS. You are achieving two things;
1. Dealers advertise their cars for $2,000 less that most buyers can buy for PISSING THEM OFF! SCAM ADVERTISING (glad WI outlawed this but most states still allow this).
2. The conversion rate on this Mustang loyalty IS VERY LOW AND IS RIDICULOUS. It was been running for several months now, tell Chev Marketing to look at the conversion rate; NOT THAT GREAT; might as well have the rebate good on M-4 owners too (chuckle).

Anyway, if the Camaro is done in 2023 just keep the rebates status quo with the past years and end it already.

If you get 25% off MSRP, it still costs us $4,000 a year in depreciation to drive 7 months a year.

Drop the 25% off and I will buy a 2019 ZL-1 that has been taking up space at my local dealers showroom for the past 9 months. He'll be happy as he can put out a $80,000 Duramax that will sell in a month.

Angry Bear
100% agree. Especially on the conquest take.

I've had my eye on a few 2019s that are between 47-49K MSRP and they are still only applying basic incentives (and the big ones like conquest I don't qualify for). I'm waiting for some juicy 20-25% promotions. Hopefully 2020 promotes something good.