View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 01:25 PM   #32
KKamaro

Drives: 2022 Satin Steel LT1 M6
Thanks for all the information here. I wish I read through these posts before tackling my axle-back. Currently on a tighter budget and went with NXT Step. The quality, appearance, and sound were fantastic. The only problem was a pretty intense drone at 2k rpm under load. Unfortunately, that is right around cruising speed. Lots of hills here in VT, so that range is hit often. The drone got so bad that it was giving me a headache. Weird thing is some passengers said it wasn't that bad. As I learn more about exhaust drone, I am finding that it is more of a 'feeling' than a 'sound' and affects people differently.
The startup sounds and growl at everywhere else in the rpm range was excellent, but just wasn't worth the drone at 2k. I like to cruise in this car and started to not enjoy rides. I ended up putting the stock exhaust back on and enjoy the car again. Problem is, since I removed the stock sound tube because of installing an Airaid MIT, the car is really quiet now.
I figure I would save up for a Borla since they claim 'zero drone'. However, learning from these posts, it seems that Flowmaster or MBRP may work.
KKamaro is offline   Reply With Quote