View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 01:15 PM   #3694
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
You might be a bit hopeful. I think it will beat the R, and might beat the ZL1. Don't forget on different tracks the ZL1 has much larger margin of victory over the R. For it to beat the ZLE, it would have to perform as good or better than the 911 Turbo S, Ferrari 488GTB, and Mclaren 650S(based on LL times), cars that are both lighter and have more HP than the C8. I think the C8 is going to be an amazing performer. But I don't think it will be ZLE level of amazing
Remember the cars that GM is targeting with the C8. Maybe the C8 is better balanced. Maybe the suspension is tighter. Maybe it has better or more power in a different part of the RPM band that might prove to be advantageous. All this remains to be seen. I do think the C8 Z51 will at least beat a ZL1 around just about any track. It will be a feat if it can beat a ZLE. But I do think GM has something up their sleeves. They built this Vette to shatter the performance world so I think we might be in for some surprises.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Good point. Here is what is wierd about my A10 ZL1 even with just a Rotofab on DRs it ran 122-129 the same day with 11.5-11.1 ETs at Cecil. Almost all of the launches were in the mid to low 1.7s. Ted had said he sees wierd throttle closings on a stock tune and Pray has put at least 1 stock ZL1 into the 10s with just a tune.

The ZL1 is a victim of a stock tune. Did Chevy hold the ZL1 back a bit so as not to show up the Corvette? Or.....?
My argument is that GM builds cars to be competitive not just in the year they are built but several years afterwards. And then they move on to the next thing while other cars try to catch up. That is why we hardly see performance increases mid Gen these days. Because the original product is still good enough that the competition's heavily updated cars can barely beat them in some cases and still lose in other cases. So I am sure that when they built the ZL1 and ZLE they already were working on the performance of the next big thing which is the ZR1 and the C8. Perhaps they did kinda restrict the ZL1 and ZLE. If they did then that is impressive considering that the competition struggles to keep up...and what the competition needs just to win or almost win (707 HP Hellcats, 797 HP Redeyes, 760 HP GT500s). I'm looking forward to seeing some actual performance data from these cars.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote