View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 07:07 PM   #38
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyRocketz View Post
If you've ever driven a car with coilovers, the ZL1 1LE is exactly like that.
Swapped all my suspension parts on my prior car a 17 SS 1LE to everything BMR offers and the ride was similar too my ZL1 1LE.
If you can avoid potholes, even the rough roads are very livable in the ZL1 1LE.
I've put nearly 6500 miles on mine in 4 months of ownership and I've loved EVERY mile, including an awesome track day at Nelson's Ledges.
I would agree with this.

Here is how I look at it...

Before I got my SS 1LE, I have a 16' M3 with Ohlin coilovers and when I went to test drive the ZL1 1LE, the ride quality was a bit better than the Ohlins. While the damping was amazing in the M3, there was a big penalty over big bumps, and often would find my butt out of the seat and my head into the headliner, great if you are always alone and don't mind that, but passengers tend to not like that much.

I ended up going with the SS 1LE for cost reasons (tires, gas, insurance) considering I would hardly ever be on a track. Fast forward 1 year of ownership and as a only car, I do not think I would want to endure that penalty any longer. I have test driven 2 ZL1 1LE's since having the SS 1LE and could not imagine doing that on a daily basis anymore. Although, no matter the ride quality , one tends to get used to it and just accepts it over time.

The MRC spoils you and is very much dual purpose, while the DSSV's are one dimensional and very track oriented. Could I still live with it, probably, but I choose not to for a daily driver. My daughter thanks me and any passengers (that are not hard core enthusiasts) thank me.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote