View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 07:32 AM   #18
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
Since no one is answering your question, I first went NA heads and cam with no forged internals, now to being forged internals and procharged has costs just over 40k+ i believe i'm in the 50s but have to look/find receipts to confirm exact amount, thats with changing a lot like my cam and upgrading minor parts such as timing chain swapping to different throttle bodies multiple cometic head gaskets and so on. This is without labor as car was built by my dad, brothers and I. however the only part that i did not install because i lack on wiring knowlege although it seems easy enough i just don't trust myself unless walked through it is the RPM methanol kit, i had a shop do that for me which severely screwed up and did not know what they were doing which cost me around 800 then that alone cost me 2000 to fix and take to a new shop to find out the problem. the kit alone for that was 1000, so definitely find a reputable shop near you that will honor and prove the work was done before. i looked into them but also didn't ask owners or those who already had work done on how the car performed.. needless to say i don't think that shop exists anymore. only other cost i'd add to this would be tuning, i went through 3 tuners, 1 is reputable on here that i didn't like how communication was so i got a "startup" tune that didn't work and got left stranded which was $600 (basically just gave it to him) 2nd was a shop that did NOT know how to tune a 6th gen, at the time in their defense i was one of the first there so thats on me. 3rd tuner which is my tuner now is crazy good and knows what he is doing, that alone maybe around 2k in total for tuning changes throughout my build.

before i keep rambling on, its to early in the morning, if you have specific questions please don't hesitate to PM me, very transparent when it comes to my build and frustrations throughout it. their is a reason why i built it myself. i wanted to know my car inside and out and know it was done "correctly".
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote