View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 01:51 PM   #1
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Who All Has Had Issues with 8L90 Aftermarket Converter (Non Shudder) Lockup?

In one of the recent HP Tuners beta files they opened up a new "TCC Desired Pressure" which is a really big deal as it can force more TCC apply pressure so we can have some sort of control over the TCC.

Anyway there is still doubts this actually works and I can't get my Circle D converter to lock even when maxing this table out.

I can tell it makes some difference when maxxed out but the lockup clutch is still slipping badly with anymore than about 20-30% throttle. My suspicion is that it has an internal fluid leak and can't get enough apply pressure to fully lock.

Who all has had issues with any aftermarket converters? And also how much spacing did you bolt it in with away from the flexplate?

The one I have is supposedly supposed to be a stock torque converter with just a billet machined stator and a carbon lockup clutch (which I thought the factory clutch was already woven carbon) so it shouldn't have anything radically different than the factory torque converter that worked 100% fine after I switched my fluid to the blue label LV stuff.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote