View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 08:07 AM   #23
mt.nichols

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQWIKR View Post
What shows as spec and what is actual rollout / circumference / height may be different. I'd use a flexible tape measure at the same air pressure and measure.

Those Conti slicks are made, as you know by Hoosier. Hoosier's published specs and what the various tire sizes have a lot of variation / difference from what I've seen on R7's (and drag tires in my past life). Maybe Continental holds them to a higher standard...

At the published spec, it's only about 2% delta. That's around the same between my 20" 285&305/30/19 G3's I run with my sons and the 19" G3R's I typically run. I have never felt or seen any anomalies between them as far as TCS other than the G3's will have more TCS intervention if driven the same way as the stickier G3R's.

You are correct that if too much difference in stagger or overall height / circumference, things will start to act up. Not sure what that % is, but, it looks to be beyond 2-3%.
I will have to take measurements and see what the diameter is actually measuring on the fronts and rears. It could also be increased oversteer because I've gone to a nearly square setup - the fronts, while labeled 305s, have a 12" tread width and a 13" section width. The rears are 315s and have a 12.13" tread width and a 12.75" section width. I did verify those dimensions with a tape measure, but will go check the diameter at some point this week.
mt.nichols is offline   Reply With Quote