View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 05:36 PM   #17
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prochargedgen6 View Post
That's exactly what I'm doing now, the car is back and on the dyno and checking the tune and going over everything, once I get that info I'll know what to do next, as far as the tires, my track set is the m/t street r 305/45/17, my street set up is the nitto 555r 305/35/20, I don't have a wide band or gauges fot a/f, yet, I do have a old school fuel pressure/vacuum gauge and I am about 8psi at 6000, in hoping it's just something in the tune, and a convertor will get me in the mid 10s, that's the goal
Just so that you know, the implication some people have been making that a centrifugal supercharger needs an aftermarket torque converter or it's a slug is misleading. Would it be a benefit, yes, as getting the rpm up quicker into the area where it makes boost would be nice. But even with the stock torque converter, your kit should have a good chance of getting in the 10s. So I'm saying that the stock torque converter is not really why you went 11.5. Some examples of why I feel this way: I personally went 10.9s in hot weather (80s and 90s) with a base ECS kit using the stock torque converter, and I know that another poster in this thread, Eyefixstuff, ran a 10.6 with a P1SC in decent weather with the stock torque converter.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote