View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 06:54 PM   #13
OniCamaro

Drives: Camaro V6 2017
Personally I don't understand the in-depth details but I've installed the RX catch can and it just gives peace of mind when pushing the car for some duration and idling for long and other unfavorable conditions. I put about 10000 miles a year, it's my only car. I do catch gunk and dispose it every 5000 miles or so. I did a Blackstone oil analysis as recommended by Tracy to prove effectiveness of catch can and the oil came out good for another couple thousand miles when I got it analyzed at 8000 miles. So this is like double the interval at which most people change their oil. So for me, since I take it to the dealer for oil change, just 2 postponed oil changes will cover the cost of the catch can and then on you start saving money. If you take road trips, the oil life percentage seems to go down fast, so catch can does help more when you put more miles a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexPhilip View Post
Personally don't think catch cans are worth it especially on engines with port injectors. Fuel is sprayed before the intake valves, which cleans them. Definitely not a necessity either. But if it gives you peace of mind, go for it.
Hope you know our Camaros aren't port injected cars.
OniCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote