View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 08:08 AM   #1
trublucamaro

Drives: 1967 Camaro
Camaro Fest - Washing and Vacuuming Alternatives

I realize there are going to be crews back at the hotels to wash vehicles, and I for one would recommend them, but there is an alternative in town that I was impressed with back in 2017 when I was last there.

The do it yourself stalls at SPEEDWASH USA at 4882 Scottsville Rd., Bowling Green, KY 42104. This place is heaven. 5 STARS. Warm water? Almost HOT water? Do they store it on the roof to get warmed by the sunlight? Who knows. The warm water and soap used to clean the car is a bonus in my mind. The timers on the pressure washer are the longest I've seen, and I'm coming from Florida. I brought my own cleaning buckets and wash towels, rinsed the car off, filled my bucket with my soap (BLACKFIRE WET DIAMOND WASH for the win!) and their hot water from the pressure washer, and had to wait forever for the time to run out. You definitely get your money's worth in time the washer is on. I washed my car by hand, not one person came up and bothered me about my own stuff. Then I dropped money in again and rinsed the whole thing down. Superb.
ALSO: They have a vacuum area that is covered. I mean it's UNDER a roof. No rain, no hot sun! I've never seen this. This place has got it going on, and will get my business again this year when I'm back for CAMAROFEST IX!
NOTE: I can't speak for the staff, I didn't interact with them. And NO ONE should use an auto car wash on their whip if they care about the looks of the paint. That's like washing your car with a rag full of sand. Pay someone to wash your stuff back at the hotel, or get the exercise and do it yourself.
THIS PLACE IS GREAT for do-it-yourself washing. Just my 2 cents.

Exit 22 off of I-65
Attached Images

Last edited by trublucamaro; 07-04-2019 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Correction
trublucamaro is offline   Reply With Quote