View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 11:55 AM   #2
Mosaic6SS

Drives: Camaro
Sent an email to Tremec and the reply was “We can only recommend you follow the factory recommended fluid.”

I called Redline and was advised that the Redline D4 is compatible with the TR-6060.

The guy I spoke with went on to say that the fluid is a full ester based synthetic and not petroleum so no issues with seal swelling.

He also went on to explain that the database for the recommended products per vehicle list is being updated so if the vehicle is not there in the database the default recommendation is “not recommended”. I checked the 2016 Camaro MM6 and the Redline D4 is recommended.

As far as the synchros, he explained that the D4 has a comparable detergent package to the AC Delco Manual Trans Fluid. He also said that the fluid will not cause any issues with modern day synchros so no need to worry about swelling or excessive wear.

I have used Redline products for awhile. Every time I have used the product line, I have personally noticed an improvement in various areas. With my experience with Redline I feel comfortable that the D4 ATF will not harm the TR-6060 and based on the feel of the transmission now, it’s an improvement.

Please feel free to share any thoughts, experiences or opinions.
Mosaic6SS is offline   Reply With Quote