View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 04:19 PM   #16
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredz View Post
Boys, gotta be honest, I just want the sound, requested below. I am a car person but clueless re: exhaust....deletes, and what to delete.....cat back vs axle back...Lost boy here.

I am in the look stage and so confused with so many options.
Personally, I had the Shelby gt350 and the OPEN exhaust was the tops!!!! I would love th get something like that. I am thinking Cat delete, or muffler delete or resonator delete.....something simple and easy that keeps the NPP working while still getting the deep throated sound. I want it noticeable and growling but not totally obnoxious
The ZL1 has a one piece cat-back exhaust. That means anything other than a full cat-back requires cutting of the factory exhaust which you may not care about. The factory cat-back has a set of resonators/"secondary cats" attached to it that are removed when using an aftermarket X-Pipe such as a Borla 60606 X Pipe.

If you get a standalone Axle back, you will cut the factory exhaust somewhere in front of the stock muffler suitcase and clamp there. If you want to keep the valve function, you will have to go with Borla or GT Haus. (IMO the valves are useless and quality exhaust like Corsa or AWE are engineered so well that your foot controls the sound).

Screw all of the "deletes" IMO. That's just chopping up a good exhaust that you could either use to set back to stock or sell to recoup cash spent on a new exhaust. Go with a full Cat-back. What this means is bolts to the back of the primary cats = factory cat-back is removed in one piece and there's no cutting involved. I'll attach a picture to illustrate why, hopefully you find it helpful.

For cat-backs and axle backs, I would recommend AWE, Corsa, and Borla. Look at the options and decide from there.

Here's the picture I threw together a while back. Everything behind the front Clamp and Flange is one solid piece.
Attached Images

Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote