View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 11:50 AM   #14
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB925 View Post
I have no brand loyalty, i just appreciate good product, what GM is doing right now is amazing. I hope the stigma/stereotypes will go away soon, these achievements (cadillac, camaro, corvette) deserve respect. Prior to my zl1 i had only ever owned Porsches, BMWs, and an Audi (except trucks), and they got me!
I appreciate how you said that and agree 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Just remember as a daily driver this may not be the car for you -

"Let’s get the bad news out of the way. As a result of the decision to hard-mount the dampers to the car—and this is me being charitable—ride quality is not great. Being less kind—especially if you’re on ripped up, lumpy pavement—the ZL1 1LE’s ride flat-out sucks. It’s brutal, and over big bumps at speed, the rear end seems to run out of travel."
The beauty in this is Al came out on day 1 to say on camera...this is a track car. This is legal on the street but not friendly.

All the magazines can do at that point is nod in agreement or, go in some crazy direction and say it's fine on the streets of Detroit.

Ford forums will no doubt persecute it as not applicable since it 'cannot' be driven on the road.