View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 12:37 PM   #41
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by polbit View Post
Yes, he could be faster, but it is a brand new car and all I was comparing just a normal start.

I got my V6 for little over $29k, and if I got to the dealership 3 days earlier, I could've had a 2SS for $35k, their last '16 SS. Probably could've negotiated it down another $1k. But even at the $6k difference, besides V8 you also get the magnetic ride, which rocks. Stock, with full warranty. And sky is the limit if you want to mod it... Yes, Yes I do have a little buyer's remorse...
All I'm saying is a normal start for a turbo car should involve building boost. It's how GM and most reviews determine the 0-60 time.

MRC isn't a big selling point for me. I've had several cars equipped with it, and unless you're driving at the absolute limits of the car, it's pretty unnoticeable.

I think once more people realize the platforms potential, we will see some really impressive things happening. I helped a good friend many years ago with his Evos. His 'race' car Evo 8 dipped into the high 8's in the quarter, and dynoed over 1100awhp. His 'street' car Evo 9 went mid 11's in the quarter with less than $1k in mods on the stock turbo. I think the LTG has the capacity to equal the performance of the 4g63. It's a very exciting platform that is wholly benefited by the V8's existence. Look at all the suspension and body components that wouldn't be available without the V8 cars leading the way in mods. That just makes everything cheaper for all 3 engines.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote