View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 09:43 PM   #32
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by oemtech View Post
I could not afford a CTS-V and the ATS-V didn't exits and probably could not afford either. Besides I already owned a Hemi R/T 6sp manual.
Did I ever mention I traded in my CTS-V coupe for my ATS? Eh, I needed AWD at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giri View Post
How many HP can be expected with these three? Also how would the MPG be affected, and would engine life be decreased?
I would say you should get to at least 285 to the tire with those mods. With a GOOD tune, expect more. Cruising MPG wouldn't be affected, perhaps slight increase with less restrictive exhaust and a GOOD tune. E85 uses on average 30% more fuel than 93 octane E10, but conversely it tends to cost less (especially in states which it is subsidized). Overall, wouldn't expect much of a fuel consumption change at cruise. I don't believe engine life would be appreciably compromised. I've driven lots of modded cars, lots of miles. However, it's down to how GOOD the tune is, how you drive it, and how you maintain it. Drive it like a normal person, and keep up with service, should last just as long as the OEM setup.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote