View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 10:29 PM   #7
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
I ran the Procharger on a couple Vettes. I really liked it. At the end, I was running nearly 800rwhp. However, I will also tell you, to get there with my Procharger, I had to make a bunch of sacrifices from a drivability perspective.

That leads me to second the question from Hard Parker, what are your goals?

If you want to build a track car and replace the motor for bigger ci, if you don’t mind changing gears, converter, etc... it’s hard to argue with the F1 Procharger. It’s completely bad ass.

That being said, if you are planning mostly street with some track time, then the Maggie might be a better choice. Why?

1. the Procharger builds boost as the RPMs climb. This means it’s powerband is much higher. As a byproduct, to get the most from the boost, you also need to add a converter if you are running an a8. If not, the lag forma centrifugal blower will be disappointing...as will track times.

2. The problem I had with the Procharger was, in order to get the most out of it, I also had to sacrifice stock drivability. Gears, converter, etc...let’s just say for me, those sacrifices ended up in a situation where my wife hated riding in the car...

My $.02, if you want to build a track car, go F1 and you can’t go wrong. If you want a street car that will crush it at the track, but still drive like stock until you hit it...consider Maggie.

I have had both and love both...for different reasons. It really comes down to your end goal.

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote