Thread: 1LE badge
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2024, 10:56 AM   #26
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by avarshav View Post
I aint saying I aint never riced up a car when I was a teenager 30 years ago, but at least call it what it is. Fixing it from the factory? The reason it doesnt say that from the factory, is because it doesn't need to. The look of the car already gives it away. putting stickers on a car to advertise its model, be it actual model or upbadging, however you define it, is the actual definition of ricey. rice ra ra rice a roni.
Actually, I think you and I have both been around long enough to remember when the ricey term first came into being, and what it was describing:

A compact, 4 cylinder car, usually (but not necessarily) from Japan that had an aftermarket fart muffler installed and an aftermarket wing added to the rear deck. Might have included other after-market body panels being swapped in (front facia, rocker panels, etc). May have also included underglow lighting. Typically the term was applied when the resulting mods were done in attempt to make the vehicle look significantly more sporting than OEM form and were done poorly (fit and finish, or didn't fit well with the OEM aesthetic).

I don't think adding a 1LE badge fits that definition.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote