View Single Post
Old 03-15-2023, 07:02 PM   #1
nFavor

Drives: 1LT/RS
Briefly no DIC or HUD on new ZL1

I performed my 1500 mile motor oil change and rear diff oil change today. Not much to report there other than the paste that was on the rear diff drain plug during the 500 mile service wasn't there this time. Anyway... I wanted to reset the oil life indicator so I started the car. (It was on solid ground and all work was done.) Nothing on the DIC or HUD! Hmmm. I thought it was a fluke. Stopped the car. Waited a good 10-15 seconds. Started the car. Still completely dark DIC and HUD! Hmm. Decided to drive the car a few feet. Then parked and waited another 10-15 seconds. Started the car again. Still no DIC or HUD. Well... I'm really curious at this point and against my better judgement, I decide to do some low speed driving. I drove 25-30 out of my subdivision. DIC and HUD still dark. Get on the main road and do 45-50. Drive maybe a mile and pull over. Still no DIC or HUD doing 45-50! I pull over and collect my thoughts about what to do next. As some point when pulled over the DIC and HUD start working. I didn't press any buttons on the steering wheel or anything. Anyway... I have about 1520 miles on the car and will likely call the dealer tomorrow but wanted to post here and see what people thought. Attached are two pics I took while driving to document the issue. Things seem to be working fine now but I wonder if I should take it in or if it's a known issue?

nFavor is offline   Reply With Quote