View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 09:35 AM   #57
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Doc, I love your stuff, even if its not what I would have done if I had the same 3D skills as you.

The problem is, people look at the big picture, and say it looks like a certain car. They are right, and wrong.

Look back in history guys!!! For every 5 year span, 95% of the cars have almost 80-90% of looks in common between them. Sports cars, sedans, trucks, etc all share a ton of their design cues with eachother regardless of the manufacturer, because they all follow the same trends.

So yes, at first glance you say that looks like a 3000gt, but people also look back now and say the 4th gen camaro looks like a chrysler sebring. Say that in 2012, and ill agree with you. Say it 1998, and you would have been a lunatic!

Cause at the time, the little features are what separate the cars. People will say the 2010 mustangs and camaros look alike in the future, but we will say, "no the wheels are bigger, the hips are wider, the camaro has Halos on the headlights, look at the gills!"

So people dont see the roof/window/quarterpanel lines, front fascia, etc that are all diff from the 3000gt, they just see the big picture. The truth is, to design a realistic car, you can barely change anything big, or it becomes another concept car that never gets made, you have to keep with the trends of the body style and change the small things.

I understand you are going for a realistic approach to a car that can actually be sold in the US, it seems a lot of others dont.

Keep it up!

/end of rant.