View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 05:41 PM   #19
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I imagine that it has something to do with increasing rollover protection.
I don't think any kind of metal beams inside the windshield would be able to withstand the pressure or the weight of the car rolling over without some beams behind the driver as well. They kept them the same width perhaps to save money on production. The rear view mirror is still very large and intrusive as well which was a complaint people had with the 2SS version. The 1SS version mirror is smaller but lacks the auto dimmer of the 2SS one. I also never liked how in front of the mirror it was all blacked out. The Mustang's one are dots so you can see thru it with no problems.

I am being critical because I want to eventually buy one of these verts within the next few years as a trade in for my Jeep. THe antenna shark fin in the back would look better as a little bubble perhaps that is color coded with the trunk. The backup lights would look better integrated into the lower bumper as the concept was. I do like the way rear diffuser looks and the smoothness of the lines. It is a very sexy car and will be king in the looks department once it is released.