Thread: Hellcat vs ZL1
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 11:53 AM   #34
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
For some reason all HC discussions are invariably directed at times from a dig or a roll...and hp...and nothing else.

They are never directed at track or touring discussions. I have read no less then 10 times the HC does what is was expressly intended to do (go fast in a straight line). As if the Z does not do its (triple threat) job at the strip, track or while touring. Huh.
While I may agree, the reason why you see so many discussions about the one aspect of the Hellcat, is because that's all it is good at. But it's the good one thing to be good at IMO. Because real world racing, let's face it, it'll be on a high way at 3 honks. I'd be willing to bet only 10% or less ZL1 owners will actually track there cars, and only another small percentage of them will actually set times worth comparing (Most will just get out to have fun, but want to drive their car home at the end of the day so they just have fun and not really race, which is understandable naturally). Straight line speed is the most accessible thing to the average driver and even to the above average driver. Nurburgring talk and track times and want to make a big deal out of the triple threat capability are mostly just that...talk. Few will actually use it. But what can basically any ZL1/Hellcat owner actually do? Put their right foot down on the highway.

We're discussing the one aspect we can compare the ZL1 and Hellcat to. Nobody said the ZL1 doesn't do it well. Nobody. And nobody would. We're discussing the minute details between the two on the highway, in which case, the Hellcat is likely marginally faster.

Let's play it your way though, after this lets only talk about lap times and tracking/touring with the ZL1 and the Hellcat. Lets see how much there is to discuss.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote