View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 06:57 AM   #1
74z/28

Drives: Looking
Trailering questions

Hi all. I am looking for an A10 ZL1 and have a few questions related to trailering one back home. Since I live in Northern Illinois, driving it home at this time of year is not an option. I am working on a deal on a car that is 650 miles from home. I have a dual axle (7000 lb) 18' x 7' utility trailer that I modified to use as a car trailer. I put E-track on it and have 4 wheel straps and wheel chucks to secure the car to the E-track. The issue is the trailer has 1' high rails that are not removable, so I can't open the door while the car is on the trailer. I have a wench mounted to the trailer so I can wench the car up with the factory tow hook. My questions are:
1. Can the A10 cars be shut off in neutral so I can wench the car up onto the trailer?
2. If I left the drivers window down, would there be enough room to reach through the little window and engage the e-brake, or better yet, put it in Park?
3.I would also need to be able to roll the window up for the trip home. Would I be able to reach through the window with the key fob and cycle the ACC, RUN and OFF modes and roll the window up from outside the car?
4. I am too fat to crawl out through the trunk with the back seat down. If the above will work then I will have my 12 year old son crawl through the trunk when we get the car home and disengage the parking brake or put the car back in neutral. Does any of this make sense to anyone?
5. Does anyone have a better idea here that I missed?
Thanks in advance for any help here.
74z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote