View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 06:41 AM   #48
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
IMO if you're a fast in a straight line guy and want to mod away then I think a stripper LT1 is a great option. Especially if you just want to throw in the super charger and everything else bare bones on the car.

A lot of guys are like that. I would have bought an LT1 if they had a bare bones, A10 within 100 miles of me. Instead I settled on a well loaded 2ss, 2016 but very low miles that was still cheaper than a new LT1.

Would any of you buy a super stripped LT1 if all that was included was the AC if the price was super cheap? Like if this was 1969 where you could order muscle cars bare bones for max performance.
I would not. Nothing against doing that, but my days of buying a stripper car and doing all the mods myself are long gone. TBH, I never cared for it even when I was younger, I only did things like that because I couldn't afford to do it differently.

I have no lift, my garage is being fully utilized, so no room to work, I have virtually no tools. Any work done on my car will be work I have to pay someone else to do, so it just makes more sense to buy cars with the options I want already on them.

Some of the options offered are 'fluff' IMO and I couldn't care less about them. Dual Climate control in a cabin that small? That's a joke. Pretty lights flashing in the interior, um no thank you.

OTH here's a reason you see racers mounting tachs and such on their dash. HUD is a must have if you plan on driving fast.

Like to drive the twisties? Gotta have an eDiff. My 2016 SS did not have one and my 2018 does. You can definitely tell the difference. The 1LE is worth the cost just for that one option, IMO.

Looking back on my purchase, the 1SS package had very few options that I didn't like. The same for the 1LE. The 2SS package had very few options that I cared about and zero options related to performance, so that was an easy pass.

So I purchased a package that had pretty much everything I wanted, with a few things that didn't matter to me. Much cheaper than buying a stripper and trying to option my way back to the same equipment, less the few options I didn't care about. If you could even do that, which you can't with 1LE options.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote