View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 12:36 PM   #4
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
tuning the v6 (the ecu and tcm) is one of the more effective mods you can do and I believe overkill does free updates to that tune as you continue to mod your car. So there is no downside into doing it first.

Manifold wont cause a cel, but a larger throttle body or badly ported one could. I have neither so can't tell you specifically. Not a big deal to drop the stock TB back in though if it gets uppity.
Overkill’s definitely on the list, this was actually supposed to be me buying the tune but I saw the listing on Facebook and I hadn’t seen the combo this cheap so I impulses it lol

I read somewhere that Overkill had a IM & 80mm TB that was kinda put together as one pieces somehow so I’m hoping I either read it wrong or it’s not real. My best guess is it’s the Jacfab IM mated to the Overkill 80mm TB so I may just put the IM on and use my stock TB till I tune then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Good chance you'll get a CEL with both those mods. BTW what is the "efficiency" Soler TB? I got their 76mm unit as well, but never saw one that said that
We got the same one IIRC, the 72mm they port to be 76mm efficiency here I think was it
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote