View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 08:04 PM   #8
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Teddy, as you already know, it depends on boost. On your C7 it's the same motor. The stock Maggie running the 98mm pulley will put you at about 530-540whp @5 psi. If you go with the 95mm pulley it will be 7 psi and between 550-575whp (a8) and you should be solid on the stock fuel system.

a) The voltage booster might not be a bad idea only because it guarantees you will have the same voltage supplied to your low pressure fuel pump. If you look at some of the threads I had when we were going through testing and upping the boost, you can see that the voltage booster did make a big difference. I think that Ted Jannetty also has a great thread where he actually shows how our cars sometimes start up with different voltage supplied and thus the fuel pump behaves differently. In my opinion, it's kind of a low cost insurance option. I personally didn't add this until well after the initial install, but after seeing the difference it made...as others pointed out, probably a good option.

b) The catch can and intake make sense too.

c) The gauges are cool, but I would say that the boost gauge is kind of a waste because with the Maggie you will be at full boost from smash till let off. I have found that I prefer to use HP Tuner to see all of the data, but I like the way the gauges look and the af gauge seems useful. If I had it to do over again, I probably would opt for the HP Tuner nGauge for the driver side vent. It is just much more versatile.

Funny, I am going the opposite way. I have my Camaro ready to roll as my fun car and my C7 is my daily driver. I am planning to keep the Vette in the 550-600whp range as it's my daily driver. I have been looking at the different options: Maggie, Procharger, LT4, and A&A Ti - Vortech.

Which blower do you have on the C7?

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance

Last edited by Drsagacity; 01-09-2019 at 10:25 PM.
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote