View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 07:41 AM   #31
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy85 View Post
The BMW is rated at 382/369 for the I6, they have completely different tuning. Per Toyota:
So when we developed the car, we weren't necessarily putting both vehicles together, from a development standpoint. We developed the [Supra] from a holistic perspective, so that the engine is balanced to the chassis, and vice versa. We feel right now that the 335 [horsepower] and 365 pound-feet of torque is quite good for what the car is from a power-to-weight ratio, from 0-60 acceleration standpoint. It's very balanced. It's a sports car methodology that we share with 86. The engine and chassis are in harmony with each other, and that development methodology is shared by the same Chief Engineer [Tetsuya Tada] between both cars.
I'm curious what price gap will exist between these two as the Z4 is quicker, has higher power figures, is a drop top, (subjectively) looks better. Better be large I6 to I6 if Toyota hopes to move any of these.
Right, I know but BMW has a history of underrating their turbo engines and Toyota is using their motor. They can say 335hp but I want to see the dyno.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote