View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 12:47 PM   #9
Racerman27410

Drives: 2016 SS 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaSS View Post
Saving this for when I go!
well then go ahead and add this one in also... includes the little Switzerland loop.

https://diamondback226.com/

That's three really nice driving areas with great pavement everywhere and not many LEOs before you even get down to the dragon. As others have said there are more than a few people on the dragon who have no business even operating a piece of machinery on public roads but nonetheless will be happy to ruin your day/ trip by crashing into you.. even if you are paying attention and doing the right thing you can't control everything... but i digress. The other routes i listed usually have minimal traffic on the week days and not that much more on the weekends.

My best advice when driving these areas is to keep an out out for deer... they are plentiful and dangerously unpredictable. early morning and dusk are the absolute worst times. Also watch for decreasing radius corners...there are many.... if you don't know the roads or can't see around the turn... slow down! Decreasing radius corners can and will catch you out if you get too carried away. I can tell you from experience winding up in the oncoming lane with a dump truck heading straight for you is not a party you want an invitation to.

Final pieces of advice are tires and brake fluid..... If you think you can get one more trip out of the tires you currently have then go ahead and replace them before the trip because they won't last... i promise you will be half into your trip and cords will be showing... BTDT and it really sucks to be trying to find tires and get them mounted while on vacation in small mountain towns with limited selections available.
Brake fluid should be changed every 2 years at the most but i find changing it yearly is what is required for performance driving in the mountains. One downhill run is enough to boil up the even 2 year old stock brake fluid so if you haven't already serviced the brake system, get that done for sure.
And finally oh yeah....

Have fun!

Last edited by Racerman27410; 03-04-2021 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Have FUn!!!!!!
Racerman27410 is offline   Reply With Quote