View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 11:16 PM   #77
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachitup View Post
Does anyone have an update on the tread life of the Goodyear Supercar 3R as used at track events? Days / hours. And if someone has first hand experience with the tread life of the 3R relative to the Nitto NT-01 and / or relative to the Toyo R888R that would be great too. Can we please keep opinion, rumor and scuttlebutt out of this discussion and deal with facts only.

Many thanks guys!
I asked multiple users on this forum that same question and since I doubt you'll get all of those individuals responding to your question on this thread, you might find the answers I got back useful, if you're interested continue reading below;

*EDIT*

They said it depends on the user, the track and the alignment, but generally the SC3R will last up to 2 track days (6 to 10 twenty minute sessions) before cording, or up to half as long as the SC3's which they said last about 6 track days. Users/members also say they get at least the same length of time out of the NT01's as the SC3's, one driver said he gets 8 to 10 track events out of the NT01's.

Other individuals said that the SC3R's can last up to 3 track days (again depending on the track, the driver and alignment) if they are taken off the wheel, flipped and remounted on the same wheel between track sessions or track days and if larger anti roll bars are used to compensate for the extra grip the SC3R's offer, which make our ZL1's roll more because they don't have the same stiff springs the ZLE's have.

Track times seem to be generally very similar between the SC3's and NTO1's, but 2 to 4 seconds faster for the SC3R's on s 1 minute to 2 minute lap track.

This is the information I've compiled from what I've heard from drivers with hands on experience, I don't have any experience myself with these tires... yet.

Last edited by GunMetalGrey; 02-06-2019 at 02:50 AM.
GunMetalGrey is offline   Reply With Quote