View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 02:19 PM   #6
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
I did the area prior to the wheel at rear fenders. A couple things I learned:

Make a pattern out a heavy craft paper. I taped to the car, made a rough outline and cut very slowly with scissors.

I used the pattern to trace onto a quality PPF ( another lesson learned, watch out for inferior / old products) Test for clarity on a small spot before wasting time.

I used quality scissors to cut the PPF, very slowly. The section I covered extended over the upper and lower body panel seam. I found it easier and less stressful to cut the line for the seam, prior to installing.

I used distilled water with a couple drops of baby shampoo in a squeeze bottle. The PPF and the surface were soaked good with this solution.

Apply the film / keep very wet until fully positioned. Squeegee out water in short firm strokes. Use a bit of isopropyl alcohol and a hairdryer at edges (if you want to roll over an edge.)

A bubble that’s smaller than a dime will eventually evaporate ( at least that’s what I was told) I had a few minor bubbles and they took about a week to disappear, while in my garage. They’ll go away faster in the sun....
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote