Thread: Suspension Help
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 06:00 PM   #10
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
Are you running a "skinny" up front or factory sized tires?

a more narrow front tire will help with the floating on the top end. with the soft sidewall in the rear and a firm grip on the ground in the front, the back tire is essentially fighting the front

Kind of like mixing a bias ply rear with a radial up front, except not as extreme.

No skinnies up front. Just stock size wheels.

I don't want to overaggerate everything cus maybe to someone who is a top notch level driver, the swaying might just be part of what happens. To me, it throws me off a bit. That's why I loved the GTR. Didn't matter the power, it dug in. I can see someone who has years of drag experience prob getting in my car and saying, this is nothing dude. Yeeeeehawwww!!!

We'll see what happens. I'll check everything over. I was looking at doing a drag set up front and rear and going with a 17" rear tire and some skinnies up front, but this is still my daily, so I'm caught in a conundrum until I buy a 2nd car for my daily.

My fear is while I'm on a roll, something minor happens and that ass end kicks all the way out, I'm good as dead cus whatever I hit is gonna rip the car in half so. That floaty feel could be all in my head, but i swear, it feels like the car just wants to lift up and fly away.

And there are other causes into play like the guy next to me creating air flow issues, so I'm sure that upsets the car too.

I almost feel like going to the R888R, but then I know those won't hold. Haha, real world problems huh? All part of the journey I guess.