View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 07:47 AM   #22
silverscreamo

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro V6 with RS package
So I had a pretty... eventful weekend. The original plan was to redo the sound system. I had the standard 6-speaker setup and could never stand how quiet and muddied it was. With the cash and some time available, I finally did an upgrade:

The amp is a DS18 S3000.4D, a pair of noise filters, with a Hi/Lo 4 channel converter.

The front and rear speakers are DS18 Pro- ZT6's, along with a pair of Pro-TW220 tweeters.

Wish I could say I installed this stuff myself, but I'm not using to messing with the electronics on more modern cars. That said, my dad and I ARE in the process of upgrading the audio in his 2001 Chevy Silverado, so maybe I'll share pics of that too sometime.

Unfortunately, Sunday morning, I came out to find an enormous crack on my windshield. Put a bit of a dent in my enthusiasm, but that didn't stop us from making our first attempt at wrapping the hood:

We went with VViViD+ Matte Metallic Purple. It was an absolute nightmare and, no matter what we did, the hood would not stop bubbling up. That said, it was a good learning experience for us. Despite it, I do like the color so will probably just try again with a new roll. The plan is to cover the hood, roof, and trunk with purple and a satin black (or gunmetal gray) around the body and spoiler.

Apologies for the crappy photos, but I'll take some better ones once I get the kinks sorted.
Trifecta Tune
silverscreamo is offline   Reply With Quote