View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 08:51 AM   #5
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 View Post
If you are trying to decide between a C8 or a 2SS Camaro, you should get the ZL1 Camaro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverscreamo View Post
This is the correct answer unless we're all missing some details here. The ZL1 is essentially the best of both worlds.

And wik.haider, totally get where you're coming from. I was actually a diehard mustang guy until the 6th gen dropped. Love at first sight and never looked back since.
Then he might have to add another line item to his comparison list. Insurance.

When I bought my car I started with the idea that I would get a V8 convertible. That narrowed it down to Camaro SS, Camaro ZL1, Corvette Grand Sport. I wasn’t willing to spend what I would have had to spend to get a Z06. Highest insurance rate? ZL1 convertible by a lot. Almost double the SS. The issue was 455 hp (SS) vs 460 hp (GS) vs 650 hp (ZL1). This was checking with multiple insurance companies.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Last edited by Martinjlm; 10-14-2021 at 10:20 AM.
Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote