View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 11:36 PM   #826
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SS 1LE View Post
I picked up my new 2018 1SS 1LE up a month or so ago from Becky in Detroit. My first new car - I had been saving for some time for a 1LE, but holding off until I'd seen what the 2019 refresh was going to look like.

Needless to say, now that we know... I needed to pull the trigger before the 2018's were no longer in production...so I brought my plans forward a bit.

I'm in the Dallas area, had a customer visit in Michigan coming up for work, so phoned Becky (who was highly recommended) to see if she could find me what I was looking for - turns out a blue 1SS 1LE had just been delivered to her a couple hours before I called - SOLD!

She met me at Grand Rapids airport with the 1LE on the back of a transporter, we signed the paperwork in a nearby carpark, and I got to break the car in on the way back to Dallas.

Dealing with Becky was perfect, I highly recommend checking her out if you are making a new purchase, even though it might be out of state.

Mods done over the previous few weeks: all GM darkened brake lights, Diode Dynamics side markers and other LEDs, blacked out reflectors, tints all round to 25% (kepn it legal), top end GPS alarm, Xpel PPF front half, CQuartz Finest Reserve all around (incl. over the Xpel).

(CQuartz directly applied over the 1LE matte vinyl hood wrap is not ideal BTW - turns out patchy. Installer is having the hood re-wrapped, then having matte PPF over the top, then adding CQuartz on top of that - as CQ FR over Xpel stealth matte PPF is a known quantity, as opposed to whatever the wrap is that GM are using for the 1LE hood).

On back order: C7 side skirts, various ZL1 suede interior bits and pieces, LED door sill. Looking to swap out mufflers soon (Borla NPP?), add Rotofab CAI.

Next stage - once I'm OK with voiding my warranty - will be to have local shop ADM Performance add a supercharger (not decided which yet), long tube headers, cam, maybe bottom end, maybe E85, tune etc. I met with Andy at ADM who is an awesome guy - seems like they would be a great choice to go with.

This car is no exaggeration a life changing event. I have a difficult time curbing my enthusiasm when discussing it with the uninitiated.

My first post - hope to see many of you at CamaroFest in a few days! For those who are going, my (Texas) plates are 6GEN 1LE

Cheers

Matt
I wouldn't get too crazy with the hood wrap. Stealth expel costs more than getting new wrap when needed. If it was painted like the hoods on Dodges, I would do it, but ours is just a vinyl wrap as you know and can easily and inexpensively be replaced.

I use Adam's matte protectant and detailer. Works great, provides UV protection, cleans, protects against bird and bug bombs and water spots (if your car sees water), and keeps it looking new.

Cheers, enjoy the ride!